Analysts would join a highly-skilled and experienced team of investment professionals. APL’s lean deal teams and the broad variety of transactions in which we are engaged allow new analysts to take on significant responsibility and gain deal experience soon after joining the firm. In addition to sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities in APL’s pipeline, analysts will also gain exposure to a variety of operational initiatives within the company’s portfolio.
The APL full-time analyst program is a unique two-year development program that offers new analysts the opportunity to develop the skills required of investment professionals at the firm. Analysts will receive robust and comprehensive hands-on training, both through a formal training program beginning in June 2020 and informally once they are staffed on live transactions. Topics covered during APL’s training program include financial modeling, accounting, deal structuring, real estate underwriting, private equity underwriting, transactional law, and a thorough primer on APL’s investment approach.
- Identify, research, analyze, and evaluate investment opportunities
- Synthesize investment opportunities in well-reasoned investment memoranda for Investment Committee consideration
- Contribute to key diligence work streams, including analysis of legal documents such as lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements, loan agreements, and other transaction documents
- Model cash flow projections and scenarios, including sensitivity and risk analysis
- Evaluate financing proposals and alternatives
- Monitor the performance and risk factors for existing investments
- Outstanding record of achievement at a top undergraduate institution
- Deep passion for markets with ambitions to become a world-class investor
- Exemplify meritocratic behavior with a commitment to the elimination of personal ego from the investment process
- Sound investment judgment, analytical skills, experience with valuation and financial modeling
- Ability to function effectively, both as a part of a team and independently